Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day

Every day should be Mother's Day, right? In many ways it is, but it is nice to set aside one day out of the year to remind our mothers that we wouldn't be where we are today without them. I actually had to try twice to tell my mother. The first time, she was visiting her own mother - who is almost 97 years old! Finally, I celebrated Mother's Day with Christy and Damon. Christy wanted Mexican food, and she chose Abuelo's. We went in the evening trying to avoid the mad rush after church. That worked out pretty well. Yesterday, I took Damon shopping, and he got Christy a topaz necklace. I pitched in a cookbook that she had been eying at Borders. In the end, there were three generations of mothers celebrating today. That is something special.

Until next time...
PH

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for helping to make mine special. Mom.