Thursday, May 3, 2007

Amazing Longevity

Today is my Grandmother's (on my Dad's side) 94th birthday! (Happy Birthday, Grandma!) My other Grandmother will turn 97 in October. I am amazed that I have been blessed to have both of them with me as long as I have. Both are still in fairly good health too.

We will be having a family get together this evening in Arlington with my Dad, Stepmother, Grandma, my Stepbrother and his family, and Christy and Damon. We have been doing this for a few years now, and it is nice to have everyone together to celebrate. What makes it even more special is that Grandma is still able to come down from her home in Indiana. While she does not do the driving anymore, it speaks to how good her overall condition is that she can make the 12-13 hour car trip.

Here's to you, Grandma!

Until next time...
PH

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I expected a Mavericks intense blog today but family milestones trump basketball.

Enjoy your family. May God continue to bless them and you.

Vicki Gupton said...

I enjoyed this post on longevity. Wish your Grandma a happy birthday for me, when you talk to her. I'm glad to hear she's doing well.
Mom.