Sunday, November 4, 2007

Scattershooting 11/4/2007

Today seems like a good day for scattershooting so here goes.

Did anyone else forget to "fall back" last night? We did, and it wasn't until we had been up and had breakfast before we figured it out. To top it off, we still managed to be running late this morning, and we got to church after the first hymn started.

If you live in DFW, you know that the weather the past couple of days has been almost perfect. It doesn't really feel like the first week in November, but who could argue with a low of 60 and a high of 85?

Can you believe it is time to start thinking about Christmas shopping? I like to be done before Thanksgiving so that I don't have to worry about all the madness between then and Christmas. Where did 2007 go?

I opened a bottle of wine this afternoon. It's a nice lite Chardonnay from my birthday party. I haven't really had much wine this year, but it just sounded good. I also prefer white wines during the warmer weather which can't be with us much longer. Is there anything better on a cool/cold evening that a nice bold red? Some may say a nice winter warmer ale, and I'd be hard pressed to argue.

I'm excited about the Cowboys game tonight, but I wish that I hadn't gotten up an hour earlier than usual. What will feel like 11:00 p.m. is awfully late for an early bird who's now 10 years out of college. That sounded really old, didn't it? Perhaps that's what I am.

Until next time...
PH

2 comments:

ASC said...

Psssst. Don't look now....but I'm afraid we are getting old!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to set ours back too, but I did all of them Sun. morning. I think we have too many clocks! Mom.