Saturday, November 24, 2007

New Jazz Artist Discovery

A couple of weeks ago Mom sent me a story about jazz singer Sophie Milman. I had not heard of her before so I looked up her web site, and I went over to her MySpace page to sample some of her songs. From there I listened to the 30 seconds clips available on Amazon, and I was impressed with what I heard. I love this kind of music when relaxing. Although a bit different in style, I am a big fan of Diana Krall too. I'm no jazz expert, but in my amateur opinion Krall is a more "traditional" jazz artist. In addition to singing she is also a wonderful pianist. If you aren't familiar with either of these artists, they are worth spending some time with. Enjoy!

Until next time...
PH

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the story of Sophie's concert in South Bend introduced you to a singer you like. Mom.