Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Tolkien Lives On

I was casually looking through my book recommendations at Amazon this morning when I came across something new from J. R. R. Tolkien - with a publication date of today! The *new* offering is titled The Children of Hurin. It is set during the time of The Silmarillion, and a shorter version of the story in this new book can be found here in Chapter XXI.

I was curious about the story because the info at Amazon was pretty brief so good old Google turned up an entry on Wikipedia related to The Children of Hurin. Between the two sites I got a pretty good overview of the story, and it sounds like it is worth reading. I most curious when I found a like for a trailer at the bottom of the Wikipedia page. I thought it was an interesting concept for a book to have a trailer so I checked it out. It was probably less telling that most movie trailers, but I'm not sure that it could be any different.

At some point, you may see a review of the book in these pages. Stay tuned.

Until next time...
PH


No comments: