Thursday, April 19, 2007

Coffee, Coffee, Coffee

The other day Amy was extolling the virtues of waking up to coffee over on the Crawford Family Blog. I have to agree that it is one of the little blessings of the world, but I have not always thought this way. It wasn't until my second year of college that I started to dabble in drinking coffee, and it certainly was with a different caliber of product.

Over the years, I have become a pretty big fan of Starbucks. Over the weekend, I picked up some of their Brazil Ipanema Bourbon roast, and it has turned out to be a very pleasant morning starter. It has a bright, but not overpowering flavor to it, and it gently lifts the mental fog that is so common at 5:15 a.m. I am also a big fan of the Light Note roast. It is probably the tamest offering that Starbucks has, but again it still snaps me out of the haze without knocking me back down in the process.

Later in the morning or afternoon, I like something a little more robust. That may still be regular coffee such as the Verona roast, or it could even be an espresso based drink such as an Americano or Cappuccino. While I could never get my lovely wife to believe me on this, the espresso drinks have sweet, nutty undertones to them.

While Starbucks is usually my "drug of choice", I am also a fan of Seattle's Best. If you are flying out of Love Field, it makes a nice second option - since it is all that they have to offer! You'll also come across their fine work at your local Border's store.

So join me as you raise your cup of joe this morning. "To coffee!"

Until next time...
PH

2 comments:

ASC said...

Cheers! (lifting third...or is it fourth? cup o' the morning...)

ASC said...

Cheers to that! (lifting third...or is it fourth?...cup o' the morning)