Saturday, April 12, 2008

Followup on Starbucks' New Coffee

As I mentioned in my last post, Starbucks has rolled out their new Pike Place Roast coffee. I think most newspapers had some mention of it along with a coupon for a free 12 oz cup. Since Tuesday I've also noticed a new drink in addition - a Cafe Misto (first on the list, at least as of this posting). It compares pretty well to a Cafe Latte, but the coffee gives a smoother flavor than the Espresso of a Latte. It's not a bad drink, and it is almost a dollar cheaper for a Venti by comparison. The Pike Place Roast is also selling cheaper than the regular coffees. I think that this is an attempt to combat Dunkin' Donuts and McDonald's both of whom have added their own spin on "premium" coffee and coffee drinks. Whatever the reason, it's worth a try if you usually get a Latte.

Until next time...
PH

No comments: