Friday, July 20, 2007

Final Fire Update

I realized the other day that I had been remiss in bringing the story of our house fire to a close. In my last post on this subject, I mentioned that the final piece of the puzzle was replacing the carpet. We finally got everything in place for this a couple of weeks ago, and we are more or less squared away. However, it can never really be that simple, can it? The carpet people caused some minor damage to the paint job that we had just had done. They will be sending someone out to touch that up, but it is relatively minor.

The thought that I want to leave you with on this topic relates to smoke detectors. We didn't realize the value of what we had until this fire. Our bedroom and the upstairs living room are about as far apart as two places in our house can be. The only reason we caught the fire early was because all of our smoke detectors are tied together. If one of them goes off, they go off in every room that has one. We would have probably been talking about loosing the house if this had not been the case. This is something that we will be looking for in our future houses, and I would advise you to do the same.

Until next time...
PH

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's good advice, and I'll keep it in mind for the present and future houses. Mom.