Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Unimaginable Cruelty Followed By Stupidity

Many of you have heard the reports about Atlanta Falcons Quarterback, Michael Vick. For those who have not, here's the scoop. I really don't know where to begin. This is one of those stories that makes me sick, sad, and angry all at the same time. I don't understand the thought process that leads to anything like this being a good idea. However, I won't belabor the obvious. I think that we are in agreement on this point.

Most of the talk has now moved on to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and what he will do. To the dismay of many (including me), he is not going to take any action at this point. For a view with a bit more sanity that will likely be more satisfying to you, give this a try. I won't try to say what is already very well said.

Give your dogs (or other pets) an extra hug, and be thankful that they are with you and not someone like Michael Vick. As the CBS Sportsline story suggests, we can reasonably expect justice to be served. Take comfort in that as well.

Until next time...
PH

No comments: