Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Amazon Vine Review: Thieves & Liars

I've just completed my review of the new Thieves & Liars CD When Dreams Become Reality. The overall reception for this CD has been pretty lukewarm to this point, but I really enjoyed it. You just don't find much these days that would be considered rock 'n roll, and there is no shortage of bad music that is really well marketed. Fortunately, I think that this is a quality CD. Being based on a story from the Bible, you don't have to worry about your kids listening to the lyrics. At the same time it avoids a lot of the watered down fluff that passes for Contemporary Christian music. I apologize if I have stepped on any toes with that last comment, but we will have to agree to disagree.

Until next time...
PH

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I looked at your review, and I read all of your blog posts. In my estimation, your writing skills are excellent. That is my ubiased opinion as your Mom.

Anonymous said...

Man this guy from America's Got Talent last year is awesome. Check out the You Tube. Song starts at 1 minute. He's awesome. I went and listened to Sting's version of this song and Cas Haley did indeed sing it better. Thoughts? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFZYPeP8k2E