Monday, December 17, 2007

Tradition Meets Hobby

I've mentioned before that I am generally a late adopter of new technology. Two weeks ago I bought my first digital camera. After sitting through the Cowboys/Redskins game last month with nothing more than the camera on my phone, I decided it was time to get with the other 99% of the world. I will tell you in post later on how I accomplished this without spending any money.

I have to admit that I am still very much a novice when it comes to digital photography, but that is where the hobby part comes in. I will be getting a little help from my new friend Corel Paint Shop Pro Phone X2.

I've enjoyed photography for as long as I can remember. I can't remember my first camera, but I know that I had a Polaroid at an early age. Both my mother and her mother took lots of pictures so I've been around cameras my whole life.

Now let's mix in some tradition. We have had our Christmas decorations up for a few weeks now, and you may have seen pictures on Christy's blog. Here is one of my favorites from that shoot.


I took one with flash without the light on in the dining room, but I think this one turned out better.

Additionally we went for a drive to Interlochen on Saturday to see the Christmas lights. I remember doing this after going to the Christmas Eve service growing up in Texarkana. I'll leave you with one of the better shots that I snapped during our trek.


Until next time...
PH

2 comments:

ASC said...

Watch out - digital photography is addictive....you can snap and snap to get the "right" shot without wasting film....then manipulate the photos to make them even better. Red eye? No problem? Want that to be sepia toned or black and white? No problem. Need to invert an image? No problem. I've spent many late nights on the computer "messing" with pictures. The fun has just begun, my friend!

Anonymous said...

It's much better than the Polaroid, isn't it? I haven't taken the plunge yet, but I know it would be nice to see your pictures as you take them, print them out at home, and email them. I may never give up the 35 mm, until they stop making film, but I'll join the other 99.1 per cent one of these days. What would Granny say? Heavenly days! Mom.