Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Song of the Day

You know it happens. You come across a song that, no matter how many times you listen to it, it seems like you need to hear it at least one more time. It's happened since we had our first record/tape/CD/MP3 (did I leave anyone out?). Then you usually hit the wall with the song, and you reach the point that you never want to hear it again. I haven't reached that point with my latest fix yet.

Since I mentioned childhood experience, it is appropriate that my current favorite song comes from an artist who made it big during my youth - Bruce Springsteen. Yes, there's been a lot of water under the bridge since Born in the USA and Dancing in the Dark, and no I haven't exactly been a lifelong fan of his. However his new CD Magic has some appealing songs on it, and chief among them for me is You'll Be Comin' Down. It's not what you would call an uplifting song, but it is very catchy. The thing I take away from this song is that success from a shallow basis won't last forever - "You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out/Then it's gonna get pretty cold out".

So give it a listen, but know that you might not be able to stop with just one.

Until next time...
PH

No comments: