Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Demise of April Fool's Day

Most of you heard about the April Fool's worm virus, aka Conflicker. While it doesn't seem to have had a major impact on our digital life, I found it had an interesting side effect. Did any of you fall for April Fool's jokes yesterday? Do any of you normally try pranks, but you skipped it yesterday?

I had a friend of mine who moved to Lubbock try to con me that he was moving back to Dallas, but I sniffed out his scam rather quickly. After the fact, I realized that my guard was up much more than usual due to all the hype about Conflicker. That actually gave me a tinge of sadness. While it is certainly small potatoes in the grand scheme of things, I couldn't help but think that something had been taken from me. Anyone else have a similar experience yesterday?

I did get a good laugh from our friends at Google yesterday. They had a posting for a new mobile app called Google Brain Search. It was obvious, but still worthy of a chuckle.

Until next time...
PH

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I went for a haircut yesterday after 11:00 Lenten services. I've been going to the same beautician since her daughter was a toddler. She's 18 going 19 now and in her first year at IU Bloomington. She called her mom yesterday morning and told her she'd decided to join the Air Force. After awhile, she said April Fool! It's the only April Fool joke I heard, until I read your blog. Mom