Thursday, March 5, 2009

Official Cowtown Results

Here are my official results with my explanation as posted on the Cowtown web site. If you know anyone else who ran, you can search for their results and leave them a comment as long as you know the distance that they ran. Here's where to look.

Without further ado, here's how I did:

Philip Heath #10392
Hurst, TX, USA
Age: 35 Gender: M

Distance 10K
Clock Time 53:59
Chip Time 53:47
Overall Place 482 / 3259
Gender Place 352 / 1278
Division Place 21 / 217
Total Pace 8:40/M

What do the numbers mean?

* Clock Time is the elapsed time from the official start of the race until I crossed the finish line
* Chip Time is based on when I crossed start line until I crossed the finish line. I was not at the front of the pack at the start so this means that I crossed the start line 13 seconds after the race started.
* Overall place is based on total entrants so there were 3,259 finishers, and I was 482 out of them - roughly top 15%
* Gender place is who I fared against all the men - just outside of top 25%
* Division place is how I fared in the men's "big person" division. At 204, I barely qualify for the men over 200 lbs. At any rate, I did my best here - top 10%
* Total Pace - over the 6.2 miles, my average per mile pace. To have reached my goal of 50 minutes total time, I would have had to average around an 8:00 mile.

Next up: The Butterfly Boogie 10k in Dallas on March 28. (No, I didn't choose the name! But no, it doesn't sound very manly!) I want to see how I do in *hopefully* better weather.

Until next time...
PH

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed. That's great for your first 10K, considering how cold it was. Good luck next time. Mom

Anonymous said...

Philip, {GREAT} job son, I am so very proud of you and how good you do in the weather you had to run in your first race. Good luck in your up coming race the end of this month
Dad