Saturday, November 1, 2008

More Bicycle Strangeness

I mentioned earlier that I had begun seeing kids talking on cellphones while riding their bikes. Today I saw something completely different, but I still found myself shaking my head. While you may think of bikes and fitness going together, this couldn't have been more the opposite. As I was leaving Target this afternoon, her comes an older guy riding his bike. I wouldn't have thought anything of it except for the cigarette hanging from his mouth. This just seems like a recipe for falling over dead between the exertion of riding and the added strain of smoking. It brought back images of the Saturday Night Live skit from long ago where John Belushi was running while smoking and eating donuts. It just goes to show that you never know what you'll see when you step out your front door each day.

Until next time...
PH

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree! More people on bikes, motorbikes and power chairs are being hit by cars around here. It doesn't seem that drivers pay attention, or look out for pedestrians, bikers, etc. Maybe they're sleep deprived or stressed out. Even with lower gas prices, you see more people walking or riding small conveyences. (People with power chairs and oxygen still smoke!) Mom