Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Amazon Review: KT Tunstall's CDs

I realize that I am a bit late to the game on this one, but KT Tunstall is an artist that I learned about through Amazon's "recommendations" feature based on other music that I own. She has released three CDs so far, and all I've been listening to them for about a month and a half now. Her first CD Eye To The Telescope (review here) is folk with additional layers while her Acoustic Extravaganza (review here) is a more stripped down pure folk recording. I liked both of these a lot. Her most recent effort Drastic Fantastic (review here) takes a slightly different path. I still liked it, but people who like artists to be more consistent in their sound will probably not. A lot of her music is catchy, but she also has some lyrics that are more abstract and make you think. If you like female singer songwriters, her CDs are worth a listen.

Until next time...
PH

No comments: