Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Free MP3 Songs

The "f" word (no, not that one) tends to get people's attention. I stumbled across some songs that were available for free on Amazon's MP3 Downloads section. The majority of them were from artists that I had not heard of. You can usually find one on the front page on the previous link. Once you find one, got to it's page where you can listen to a 30 second preview. I have to admit that some of the ones I found didn't get past the preview. That says something if a 30 second preview turns away people who would be getting the song for free!

The key to finding the second, third, and so on, is the " Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought" section. It turns out that people who "bought" one free song "bought" a lot of other free songs too.

Here's a rundown of what I downloaded a couple of days ago. Unfortunately, some of these are no longer free.

Recommended:

That's What Love Will Make You Do by Janiva Magness (Great female blues artist that I was already familiar with)
Asking For Flowers by Kathleen Edwards (Alt country singer/songwriter that I was already familiar with)
Hypnotized by Eddy "The Chief" Clearwater (Really good blues)

Still on my MP3 Player:

Paralyzed by Bob Mould (Rock singer, I'm on the fence on keeping this one)
Black Winged Bird by Nina Persson (Mellow alternative rock song)
Lay Back Down by Eric Lyndell (More blues, but a little more mellow)
To Be Loved by Joan As Police Woman (Kind of a sappy ballad, but I don't hate it)
Snow Day by Lisa Loeb (She's pretty well known)
You Cheated Me by Martha Wainwright (Pop song, probably on the way out...)
Alice by Torben Waldorff (Jazz instrumental piece)

Already deleted from my MP3 Player:

It Must Be Me by The Whitsundays (Stinky bad pop - what was I thinking?)
Soul On Fire by Spiritualized (Ditto)
Dead Sound by The Raveonettes (Bad punk rock)

Happy hunting!

Until next time...
PH


No comments: