Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day!

Greetings! I apologize for my extended absence, but as you know there are only so many hours in the day...

I hope that you have enjoyed a nice and relaxing Memorial Day weekend. We haven't done anything too out of the ordinary, but Christy and I watched a couple of movies that in hind sight seemed pretty appropriate for the occasion. Saturday, we watched Across the Pacific while last night we went with Passage to Marseille. Both of these are Humphrey Bogart movies set during World War II. Christy gave me a Bogart collection for our anniversary earlier this month, and it was nice to get a chance to watch a couple of them.

I am taking a break from running events until the fall. I just noticed that I never posted my results for the Fort Worth Zoo Run. It was a very humid day and about 62 degrees at racetime. I thought that cold and wind were bad, but these proved to be much worse. I finished in around 59 minutes which was about five minutes off of my pace on my previous 10k's. I would like to do a half marathon either this fall or at Cowtown next February. I still have my goal of a sub 50 minute 10k, and I'd like to do the half in two hours. We'll see. Lots of training between now and then...

I've added a new widget over on the right side toward the bottom. For some reason, it does not contain my Vine reviews, but links to my most recent regular Amazon reviews are there for your convenience. I'll still post links to Vine items here. With that said, I have been busy over the last month. In addition to the ones with links on the right, here are the others that you may have missed:

CDs

Trouble Andrew - Trouble Andres - strictly background music.

Books

The Case of the Missing Servant - A fun detective story set in India.
Bad Things - A paranormal suspense/thriller.
Leadership Beyond Reason - Another book on leadership...

Well, that's all for now. I think it's time for a hamburger or some such...

Until next time...
PH

No comments: