Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Favorite Beer Places

I've been thinking about this one for a few weeks now, and I'm finally getting around to starting it. Most of you know that I am a fan of good beer. Early in my career I had the opportunity to travel on a regular basis, and I was able to go to a number of really good places to grab a brew along the way. So, I thought it would be fun to highlight some of them here in case any of you ever find yourself in these places.

My first business trip was to the San Francisco Bay Area for a class in San Mateo. Each day after class, we would drive up to San Francisco to see the sights and explore the many great restaurants. However the end game was always to find some place to wind down the evening with a beer. In many ways, the place I remember from both of my trips is maybe the best place overall that I've gone for beer. It was necessarily that the beer was the best ever, but the overall experience was hard to beat. The San Francisco Brewing Company had good beer but it didn't stop there. It must have been more frequent back in 1998, but I remember a three piece jazz band playing - piano, stand-up bass, and drums. I remember drinking the beer just a little be slower in order to prolong the experience. San Francisco is somewhat of a magical city (although I wouldn't want to live there), and this place was a big part of it.

Until next time...
PH

No comments: