Friday, October 24, 2008

Amazon Vine Review: Logitech Squeezebox Boom

In the year plus that I've been in Amazon Vine, I've come across so pretty cool stuff. However, the Logitech Squeezebox Boom is truly a WOW product. You have probably gathered that music is a pretty big deal to me based on all of the CD reviews that I've posted about, and both of the Squeezebox products that I've used have made it easier to enjoy. I would expect that many teens will have this on their Christmas list this year.

Until next time...
PH

1 comment:

r4 dsi said...

Could someone please explain to the CNet reviewers of these devices the difference between playing file formats and being able to stream internet stations that use the formats. A player may be able to play local .WMA fiiles (useful) and play real audio files (whoop de doo) but still not support stations that stream .wma, or .ram or .smil. It's not hard to test this, just try streaming BBC radio, RTE radio and just about any US commercial station (eg Sacramento's KWOD) and the review would be so much more useful. Until these players can do this they're not adding much to the party that a $30 Linksys WMLS11B hasn't been doing for years.