Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Changing Demographics

As many of you know, last Sunday was my birthday.  They say that time stops for no man, and that includes me.  In addition to everything else that birthdays imply, this one had another element to it.  If you have ever filled out a survey, one of the things they typcially ask is for you to select which age group you are in.  Saturday marked the last day that I was eligible for the 25-34 bracket (*gasp*).  Perhaps the move into the 35-44 bracket is an attempt to lessen the blow of reaching 40, but I'm not sure if I like it just yet.  I guess I'll let you know in five years!

I did enjoy a few birthday celebrations over the past few days.  We had a party to kick off the choir season last Friday, and Christy arranged for a cake (chocolate with chocolate icing of course) and singing of "Happy Birthday".  Saturday we went to one of my favorite restaurants BJ's Brewhouse.  They have good pizza and beer, and what more could you ask for?  In short I'll steal a line from Bilbo Baggins from The Fellowship of the Ring, "But today of all days, it is brought home to me: it is no bad thing to celebrate a simple life."

Until next time...
PH

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Time does fly, as the saying goes. It sounds like you had a nice time. I agree with Bilbo. The mountaintop moments make great memories, but the simple things are what fill our days. The leaves are beginning to turn here, and fall is definitely underway. They predict our first frost later this week, and the hummingbirds are fueling up to head your way. Happy fall, and enjoy the simple things in life. Love, Mom