Saturday, May 24, 2008

A Weekend of Movies

Christy and I went to see Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull this afternoon. I was a bit concerned because it only got two stars in the paper yesterday, and they trashed it on the radio. However, I'm happy to report that it is a decent flick. While I doubt you will mistake it for the best movie ever made, I also doubt you'll be sorry that you saw it. Harrison Ford still has it, and it made me wonder what Han Solo would be like 25 years later. While the characters are different in a lot of ways, the common thread is Ford. I've been enjoying his movies for my entire movie going life, and I hope that he keeps making movies for years to come.

Another actor that I've liked in a number of movies is Johnny Depp. We rented Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street last night. While it is a little on the gory side, it is done in a way that won't be mistaken for reality. If you aren't familiar with this movie, it is actually a musical. Yes, Depp does his own singing, and he does quite well. Viewer beware. This is a Tim Burton movie. If you haven't been fond his work in the past, you are unlikely to find this pleasurable either.

Until next time...
PH

No comments: