Monday, May 26, 2008

Wedding Weekend Revisited

As we are in the home stretch of Memorial Day weekend, I'd like to turn the calendar back one week. Christy, Damon, and I went to Hot Springs for my brother-in-law's wedding. Brandon and Mandy had their rehearsal dinner last Friday at a little Mexican restaurant called Jose's. Everyone had a good time as we crammed 30+ people into the space that they had set aside for us. Here's a shot I snapped of the happy couple.


The actual ceremony was that Saturday at the Hamilton House Estate. The setting was nice out on the back patio overlooking Lake Hamilton. About 100 people came to witness the event and wish Brandon and Mandy well as they begin their life together as husband and wife. The reception was immediately after the ceremony also at the Hamilton House. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures that evening. Here's a shot from the actual wedding pictures.



The reason I didn't get any pictures was because I wasn't feeling well that day. Toward the end of the reception, I wound up making a trip to the emergency room for what turned out to be a urinary track infection. I was relieved that it was nothing serious. After a quick lab test and diagnosis, we left the ER to pick up a couple of prescriptions. The worst thing that actually came out of it was that we didn't get back to Okey and Jeri's house until about 1 a.m. This put a damper on our travel plans for Sunday, and we wound up extending our stay by a day so that we could drive back to Hurst after resting up a bit.

I've since finished my prescriptions, and I've been "back to normal" - whatever that means - for a few days now. At the end of the day, it just made our trip (and the wedding reception) much more interesting than planned.

No comments: